Technical Support Engineer
CDNetworks Customer Support Engineers ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting CDNetworks’ global CDN infrastructure 24x7x365, and handling customer support issues promptly, effectively and conclusively. In this role, you will work closely with CDNetworks customers, infrastructure service providers, network and system engineers, and software developers to perform root-cause analysis and prompt resolution of hardware, network and software issues affecting the CDNetworks products and solutions. As part of the position you will get to contribute to future system design and processes for improving current and new services, all while running a globally distributed 24x7x365 critical network relied upon by many global companies.
- Serve as primary point of contact for identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving CDN issues affecting mission-critical production customer traffic.
- Solve complex issues related to various components of the CDNetworks global CDN infrastructure
- Create and document system processes and tasks related to keeping the network up and performing optimally
- Perform daily Systems Administration tasks to keeping the network up and performing optimally
- Provide notification to customers and the Company in the event of CDN infrastructure issues
- Work closely with network engineers, systems administrators and software engineers regarding technology and hardware upgrades for the CDNetworks CDN infrastructure.
- External SLA management
- Minimum 1-2 years of experiencing working in a Technical Support/NOC role (Help Desk experience acceptable, though some external facing experience is required)
- Must have a certain amount of Linux System Administration experience; this is important because individuals will need to log into Linux servers and troubleshoot and isolate problems, and resolve a high percentage of the issues themselves.
- Ability to speak and write clearly, concisely and thoroughly in order to quickly and accurately convey complex information regarding mission-critical production issues to varying audiences.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot networking problems.
- High-bandwidth, self-motivated self-starter who works well with minimal supervision.
- Solid understanding of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP and DNS.
- Great customer skills.
- Great communication skills.
- Must be technically “savvy”.
- Must have very good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility in working hours (morning, swing, night shifts)
- Knowledge of scripting (e.g., shell, Perl, Python, etc.) and command-line utilities (curl, dig, traceroute/MTR, etc.).
- Experience in CDN technologies/services.
- Familiarity with web server technologies (IE. Apache, lighttpd, IIS, etc.)
- General understanding of both Unix and Windows operating systems
- Certifications in relevant technology fields (IE. MCTS, CCNA, Linux+, etc.)
- Familiarity with web performance metrics (IE. Gomez, Keynote, etc.)
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
Subject line: Customer Support Engineer
Body or attachment: Resume
We look forward to you joining our team!
CDNetworks enables mission critical e-business in the world’s most challenging markets. CDNetworks’ unique position as the only multinational CDN with expertise and infrastructure in China, and other emerging markets, makes us a trusted technology and business advisor to more than 1,200 companies across the highly-competitive industries of software, travel, eCommerce, high tech, manufacturing, media, and gaming. Reliably delivering over-the-top performance anywhere in the world, CDNetworks helps businesses get closer to their end users without the limitations of hardware and private networks. Founded in 2000, CDNetworks has offices in the U.S., Korea, China, Europe, and Japan. For more information, please visit: www.cdnetworks.com